Observations all along the line - Kimball & the Southern Panhandle First

Couple Loses Home To Fiery Blaze

A structure fire at 304 Berg St., a manufactured home, displaced two occupants Feb. 7 when resident Randy Harmon attempted to thaw frozen pipes with a flame as he has done many times before.

Harmon said the insolation caught fire quickly, and it was fast and furious. Local fire crews were called to the scene at approximately 1 p.m. and worked to control the blaze for nearly four and a half hours, according to Kimball Volunteer Fire Chief Rick Wynne.

Firefighters were called back to the scene Thursday evening, when smoke began to fill the air once again.

Harmon suffered minor burns to his hands...

 
 
Rendered 05/26/2024 22:38