Blaze Ravages Kimball Home
Cigarette In Coffee Container Said To Have Started Destructive Fire
September 19, 2019
A fire consumed a Kimball house owned by Terry Jefferson and rented by Luis (Beeb) Larez about 2:30 p.m. Sunday.The location of the fire was 308 ½ South Washington.
Larez said the fire marshal told him it started in a plastic coffee container, which was used for cigarette butts on the porch.
Larez, a non-smoker, had a friend staying with him who smoked. He said he figured the butt didn't get extinguished and the plastic container started the fire.
"It is just a mess," he said. "It is a major loss. What is really upsetting is that my daughter's baby pictures are gone."