Western Nebraska Observer - Observations all along the line - Kimball & the Southern Panhandle First

By Daria Anderson-Faden
The Observer 

Blaze Ravages Kimball Home

Cigarette In Coffee Container Said To Have Started Destructive Fire

 

September 19, 2019

Daria Anderson-Faden / The Observer

The porch was totally destroyed and was the apparent location of the start of the fire.

A fire consumed a Kimball house owned by Terry Jefferson and rented by Luis (Beeb) Larez about 2:30 p.m. Sunday.The location of the fire was 308 ½ South Washington.

Larez said the fire marshal told him it started in a plastic coffee container, which was used for cigarette butts on the porch.

Larez, a non-smoker, had a friend staying with him who smoked. He said he figured the butt didn't get extinguished and the plastic container started the fire.

"It is just a mess," he said. "It is a major loss. What is really upsetting is that my daughter's baby pictures are gone."

The kitchen,...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019