January is off to a rolling start. The Library Board will be doing some planning for the future and will meet next Monday the 14th. If you have any constructive suggestions for the library’s future please let us know or attend the board meeting.
• The Shutterbug Photography Club will meet this Thursday at 6 p.m. at the library to make their plans for the year with some exciting activities.
• Bob Ross painting class is January 19; sign up and pay by January 15.
• There will be another Basic Beginning Computer Class for the library. We will have three or four sessions (depending on the needs). The class will be on Tuesday mornings beginning January 22. The class will cover very basic topics such as using the mouse, learning about the Internet, printing, and typing a letter. The class is from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Sign up at the library.
• Want to learn about E-mails and Facebook? There will be a session on Thursday, January 31 at 10:00 a.m. Sign up at the library.
• The library will offer a class on Kindles and Overdrive on February 2 is there is interest. Again, sign up at the library.
• There is some interest in doing a crafting/journaling project with paper and fabric. Please let us know if you are interested.
Story Time begins again this Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. with Curious George.
C. M. Wendelboe, author of “Death Where the Bad Rocks Live” and “Death Along the Spirit Road”, will be at our library to talk about his books on February 7, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. Mr. Wendelboe served in Vietnam and returned to a career in law enforcement. He served in many small towns around the Indian Reservations in South Dakota before moving to Gillette to find his niche as a sheriff’s deputy for 25 years. Please set the time aside now to attend and hear the background. If there are any budding authors that attend, he will talk about writing also.
The library parking gets congested at times. If you are not a library patron, please try to park in other areas especially when the library is open. And honor the handicapped parking spot. Thank you for observing the signs.
The library weblog is http://libraries.ne.gov/kimball.
We appreciate all of you and your support of the library.
New non-fiction: “Facebook: Promote Your Business in the Hottest Marketing Arena” by Jaun G. Ledo; “Upcycling Celebrations: A Use-what-you-have Guide to Decorating, Gift-giving & Entertaining” by Danny Seo; “Blogs, Wikis, Facebook and More” by Terry Burrows; “Selling Your Crafts Online with Etsy, eBay, and Pinterest”; “Easy Facebook” and “My Pinterest” all by Michael Miller.