Western Nebraska Observer - Observations all along the line - Kimball & the Southern Panhandle First

No one injured in Thursday house fire

 

Tonia Copeland

Homeowner Jay Thurin and local volunteer firefighters work to extinguish a blaze in a bedroom of Thurin's home Thursday evening.

A Kimball family has been displaced from its home due to a house fire that occurred about 7:45 p.m. last Thursday.

Homeowner Jay Thurin was outside at the time and he attempted to extinguish the blaze in its early stages with a garden hose and fire extinguishers, according to Kimball County Sheriff Harry Gillway.

The Kimball Volunteer Fire Department responded with two pumper trucks and 14 firefighters and had the blaze contained within 10 minutes.

According to Kimball Fire Chief Rick Wynne, the fire marshal's investigation concluded that the fire originated in a bathroom adjoined to the ma...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/15/2018 12:15